ERCIM Fellowship Programme - The next round is open!
- Posted on: Monday, 10 April 2017
- Application Deadline: Sunday, 30 April 2017
- Job Language Requirements: English
ERCIM – The European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics is pleased to inform you that a new application round of the postdoctoral “ERCIM Alain Bensoussan Fellowship Programme” is open.
The programme is open for postdoctoral researchers from all over the world. Fellowships are of twelve months duration (with the possibility to extend up to 24 months) to be spent in one ERCIM member institute.
Topics cover most disciplines in Computer Science, Information and Communication Technology, and Applied Mathematics.
Terms and conditions
Fellows are appointed for 12-months either by a stipend (an agreement for a research training programme) or a working contract. The type of contract and the monthly allowance (for stipends) or salary (for working contracts) depends on the hosting institute.
The fellowship is restricted to two terms (one reselection possible).
- have obtained a PhD degree during the last 8 years (prior to the application deadline) or be in the last year of the thesis work with an outstanding academic record
- be fluent in English
- be discharged or get deferment from military service
- have completed the PhD before starting the grant (a proof will be requested before your arrival).
- start the fellowship before 1 October 2017.
In order to encourage mobility:
- an ERCIM member institute will not be eligible to host a candidate of the same nationality
- a candidate cannot be hosted by a member institute, if by the start of the fellowship, he or she has already been working for this institute (including PhD or postdoc studies) for a total of 6 months or more, during the last 3 years.
Detailed description of the programme and the application form can be found on our dedicated website: https://fellowship.ercim.eu/
Deadline for applications: 30 April 2017.
Applications must be submitted online through an application form. A detailed resume, list of publications and two main papers in English (full version) are mandatory. A letter of recommendation and a link to a video presentation can be added optionally.
ERCIM – the European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics – aims to foster collaborative work within the European research community and to increase cooperation with European industry. ERCIM members are centres of excellence across Europe. A postdoctoral Fellowship Programme has been established as one of the premier activities of ERCIM. Since its inception in 1991, over 500 fellows have passed through it.
For information about the possible hosting institutes, see the participating ERCIM members.
For more details, see the homepages of the individual members, or contact the national contact for the ERCIM Fellowship Programme for a specific institute. Fellowships are proposed according to the needs of the member institutes and the available funding.