Principal in Market Infrastructure Development (Project Management), Market Infrastructure Development Division
European Central Bank (ECB)
- Department: Directorate General Market Infrastructure & Payments
- City: Frankfurt am Main
- Country: Germany
- Posted on: Friday, 21 July 2017
- Application Deadline: Friday, 01 September 2017
The European Central Bank (ECB) is a team of teams working together to safeguard price stability and financial stability for millions of people. We offer varied opportunities and challenges in a people-centred working culture that gives you a voice and the remit to make an impact – for Europe.
You will be part of the Market Infrastructure Development Division within the Directorate General Market Infrastructure & Payments. The Division coordinates and executes large-scale Eurosystem projects in the areas of market infrastructure and payments (e.g. TARGET2, TARGET2-Securities, instant payments and collateral management). This includes projects to create new market infrastructures as well as to carry out larger-scale updates to existing systems.
As Principal you will:
- coordinate a project team, in some cases acting as project manager;
- argue the case for or against delivering a project and specify the conditions that must be met for it to be successful;
- communicate in a convincing manner to external and internal stakeholders how they may benefit from the project’s delivery;
- ensure the project meets user needs;
- plan ahead and take action to ensure successful project delivery;
- negotiate with potential service providers.
Qualifications and experience:
You will bring to the role:
- a master’s degree, ideally in business administration or computer sciences or another relevant field, OR a bachelor’s degree ideally in business administration or computer sciences or another relevant field combined with a minimum of four years’ relevant experience in the area of market infrastructure;
- ideally, more than four years’ experience in at least one of the following areas: securities settlement systems, payments or financial services market infrastructure, collateral management systems;
- ideally, experience in providing a meaningful contribution to the successful delivery of a market infrastructure project;
- experience in presenting complex functional and/or technical topics to internal and external audiences in a clear and concise manner;
- an advanced command of English and a moderate command of at least one other official language of the EU;
- ideally, knowledge of document management systems such as OpenText Livelink;
- ideally, user knowledge of enterprise resource planning systems such as SAP.
You will also bring your ability to manage project teams by guiding team members and encouraging participation and cooperation within and outside the team, communicate effectively, prioritise tasks according to strategic considerations and resources, as well as negotiate. You will also be able to build relationships and influence others, collaborate within a team, think analytically and deliver high-quality results.
Further Information: Fixed-term contract which may be converted into a permanent one after three years subject to individual performance and organisational needs.
We are willing to support part-time arrangements.
How to apply:
Applications are to be made in English and submitted using our online application form. An "Applicants' Guide" can be downloaded from our recruitment pages.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://www.ecb.europa.eu/careers/vacancies/html/vacancydetails.en.html?id=005056853E201ED799DD09CDFCF8EE59
The recruitment process may include a pre-screening exercise, a written exercise, a presentation and interviews.
Further information on the ECB's conditions of employment for fixed-term positions can be found at https://www.ecb.europa.eu/careers/what-we-offer/contract/fixed/html/index.en.html
Applications are accepted from nationals of Member States of the European Union.
The requirements laid down in the vacancy notice must be met by the closing date for applications.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill the same position again, or similar positions, within 12 months of the selection decision.
This position has been allocated to salary band: H
Closing Date for Applications: Fri, 1 Sep 2017