Principal in Market Infrastructure Development (Testing), Market Infrastructure Development Division
European Central Bank (ECB)
- Department: Directorate General Market Infrastructure & Payments
- City: Frankfurt am Main
- Country: Germany
- Posted on: Friday, 21 July 2017
- Application Deadline: Friday, 01 September 2017
The European Central Bank (ECB) is a team of teams working together to safeguard price stability and financial stability for millions of people. We offer varied opportunities and challenges in a people-centred working culture that gives you a voice and the remit to make an impact – for Europe.
You will be part of the Market Infrastructure Development Division within the Directorate General Market Infrastructure & Payments. The Division coordinates and executes large-scale Eurosystem projects in the areas of market infrastructure and payments (e.g. TARGET2, TARGET2-Securities, instant payments and collateral management). This includes projects to create new market infrastructures as well as to carry out larger-scale updates to existing systems.
To further enhance the diversity of the team, we particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
As Principal you will:
- coordinate the team responsible for assessing the quality of market infrastructure services by conducting relevant acceptance tests.
As such you will ensure that the team:
- proposes methods for conducting acceptance tests for each project or release with the aim of providing the Eurosystem with an independent quality assessment, taking into account timing and financial constraints;
- collaborates with project managers to translate the functional knowledge in each project into meaningful test cases;
- collaborates with service providers to transform the high-level plan agreed by the Eurosystem into an operational plan, including information on the availability of testing environments;
- ensures the availability of tools for performing quality and acceptance testing;
- reports to management, the internal bodies of the Eurosystem, service providers and external stakeholders on the progress of the testing.
Qualifications and experience:
You will bring to the role:
- a master’s degree ideally in business administration or computer sciences or another relevant field, OR a bachelor’s degree ideally in business administration or computer sciences or another relevant field combined with a minimum of four years’ relevant experience in the area of market infrastructure;
- ideally, more than four years’ experience in at least one of the following areas: securities settlement systems, payments or financial services market infrastructure, collateral management systems;
- ideally, experience in performing quality assessments or acceptance tests of a market infrastructure service;
- ideally, experience in providing a meaningful contribution to the successful delivery of a market infrastructure project;
- an advanced command of English and a moderate command of at least one other official language of the EU a working knowledge of MS Office, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- ideally, knowledge of document management systems such as OpenText Livelink;
- ideally, user knowledge of enterprise resource planning systems such as SAP.
- the ability to lead teams, communicate effectively, share information, ensure mutual comprehension, prioritise tasks according to strategic considerations and resources, negotiate and support team members, think analytically and deliver high-quality results;
Further Information: Three-year fixed-term contract.
The recruiting business area is willing to support part-time arrangements for this position.
How to apply:
Applications are to be made in English and submitted using our online application form. An "Applicants' Guide" can be downloaded from our recruitment pages.
For more information on how to apply, please visit: https://www.ecb.europa.eu/careers/vacancies/html/vacancydetails.en.html?id=005056853E201ED799DB5DB2AB956BE3
The recruitment process may include a pre-screening exercise, a written exercise, a presentation and interviews.
Further information on the ECB's conditions of employment for fixed-term positions can be found at https://www.ecb.europa.eu/careers/what-we-offer/contract/fixed/html/index.en.html
Applications are accepted from nationals of Member States of the European Union.
The requirements laid down in the vacancy notice must be met by the closing date for applications.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill the same position again, or similar positions, within 12 months of the selection decision.
This position has been allocated to salary band: H
Closing Date for Applications: Fri, 1 Sep 2017