Program Associate - Higher Education Data and Analysis
- City: Zurich
- Country: Switzerland
- Posted on: Thursday, 08 June 2017
- Application Deadline: Friday, 23 June 2017
- Job Language Requirements: English, Other European Languages a plus
We are looking for a part-time (50%) Program Associate - Higher Education Data and Analysis.
We would like to extend our Informatics Europe Management team by a motivated, diligent and resourceful candidate to drive our efforts on collection, analysis and publication of data on higher education in Informatics (Computer Science/Engineering, IT/ICT) in Europe.
The ideal candidate will have very good knowledge of the higher education system in the different European countries, and experience with data collection, analysis and reporting. Work will involve:
- Establishing and maintaining close cooperation with key contacts in various European countries to set processes to gather the data of interest;
- Mining the national databases in countries where the data is already officially collected and reported;
- Checking the quality and completeness as well as integrating and analyzing the data, which includes, but is not limited to: universities and departments offering education and doing research in Informatics in Europe; number and gender distribution of students they enroll and graduate at the different levels; status of their academic workforce (PhDs, Postdocs, Lecturers, Professors) regarding career path, statistics of employment and salaries;
- Preparing, publishing and disseminating reports and data to our member organizations and beyond. See as an example one of our reports.
Candidates must have excellent communication and organizational skills; be methodic and attentive to details, enjoy working with numbers and people; be proactive and enjoy working independently without constant supervision. Creativity, ability to manage multiple and diverse tasks efficiently, working with complex processes and resilience round up the ideal profile.
Desired technical skills and experience:
- Higher education (Bachelor, Master or PhD) in Exact Sciences (Statistics, Mathematics, Informatics, Physics) or in Social Sciences (with research experience in Statistics or Data Science);
- Experience with (project/program) management in science, academic research organizations or European/International organizations;
- Experience or proven knowledge of the higher education system in different European countries;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Working knowledge of other European languages;
- Proven mastery of office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the web. Experience with statistics/data analytics software is a plus;
Applicants must be holders of a valid working (B) or settlement (C) permit or Swiss nationals. The contract is initially for two years with perspective of extension, or becoming permanent. We offer flexible work time arrangement, room to bring your own ideas and working in an international environment.
Suitable candidates will be invited for interviews early July. Starting period July/August.